Noble Endeavours Community Centre
In October 2010 The Janice McKay Community Centre was completed, a large multipurpose open planned building that was built by local people using many natural materials sourced in the area. This building provides an all-weather environment for the children to attend school and includes a community meeting hall and a school library and a computer room. In January 2013 this facility was extended to include a Birthing, Medical and Dental Clinic and on land adjoining the centre a fully operational model training farm was completed as part of the Noble Endeavours Education program for this area.
“The atmosphere that the community centre creates amongst the tribal people is tangible, a sense of joy as people arrive at this central location. This building has truly become a centerpiece of community life and is an amazing legacy” Sally-Ann Macklin
The Janice McKay Community Centre includes…
- Indigenous Education Program -Primary School and Adult Education.
- Community Health Program -Medical Centre – Birthing Clinic-
- Centre for Agricultural Development – Organic Training Farm- Family Farm Establishment.
- Women’s Development – Small Business Development- Agriculture and Handicraft programs.
- Community Meeting hall and library.
- Computer Learning Centre.
- Purified Water Program.